Must Love Dogs

If you head on over to Coffee. Tea. And Literary. you'll notice that I discuss #ZombieVirus2011.  It's brutal.  And PeeWee just missed out on becoming this:

Seriously, the virus that went around our office was No. Joke. While I was sick, PeeWee was such a sweetie.  He made sure to keep me company.  He even slept when I slept (see?):


And when I was too weak to read myself, PeeWee read to me.  And he has a new favorite book.  It's called A Dog's Way Home by Bobbie Pyron.


For anyone who is a dog owner, knows a dog owner, or just for anyone who loves dogs READ. THIS.  There may be a few tears (okay, maybe a lot of tears), but you will fall in love with Tam.  Tam is a Shetland who gets separated from his owner, a little girl named Abby, when their family gets into a car accident somewhere along the Blue Ridge mountains.  And everyone believes that they'll never see Tam again.  Everyone but Abby.  This story is their journey.  I won't say anything more because I don't want to ruin it!

When PeeWee and I were done reading, I made sure that Suzie read this one with her pups, too.  And now Tam has at least 5 fans from Confessions!  There will be more, I have no doubt :-)

So.  PeeWee, generous as he is, has decided to give up his precious copy of A Dog's Way Home to share with one of you. (He also threatened an ankle-biting if I don't buy him another copy when this is all over.)

The contest is simple.  Just share a dog story in the Comments below.  A funny one.  A touching one.  A sad one--whatever you want to share.  Me and PeeWee love to meet other dogs, so please introduce us!  That's ALL you need to do to enter.  The winner will get a copy of the book, and a shout out on the blog.


Entries will be accepted until February 22, 11:59pm EST.  This is the pub date for the book!
*US participants only*

As a side request (this is NOT a contest rule)--whether or not you enter the contest, I'd love to see pics of your pups!  Please send photos to PeeWee(at)nancycoffeyliterary(dot)com and we will post them when we announce the winner.  We'll need your name, your dog's name, and a photo.

Okay.  Back to prepping for the Super Bowl.  PeeWee's already dressed. As you can see, he's not a Steelers or a Packers fan.....

  Saints jersey courtesy of the lovely Erica O'Rourke