Shirking on my duties--with good reason

Wow. So Friday came and went. And NO blog post from Ms. Friday. It's two weeks into Confessions, and I'm shirking on my duties. This was TOTALLY unintentional. I got home last night (fairly early for me), and Joe had a bottle of champagne open and waiting.
"What's the occasion?"

"Nothing," he said as he passed me a glass.

And then he kissed me.

But hold up...wait a second. Before you start going "Awwww" or your mind starts going in other directions, let me tell you what we did after that kiss.

We polished off the bottle of champagne, made a really big, messy plate of nachos together, played video games, and watched Lucky Louie episodes, cracking up until we passed out on the couch.

It was THE. BEST.

And it was also something we haven't done since...well, I think since college (which is sadly already 5+ years ago now). No silly night in over FIVE years?? How does that happen?

It felt so great to wake up this morning, after a night of not having to think about what needs to be done on the house, when we have to drop off that thing, what just happened at work, etc. After a night not having to think at all, but to just have fun. It was the most refreshing thing I've done in a while.

So I challenge you all.

Surprise your spouse or sister or best friend with a night of something you used to do when you first started hanging out. When it was just fun and you didn't have to think about all the seriousness that life has to offer. Does that mean building a fort out of blankets and telling ghost stories while munching on candy all night (without brushing your teeth, of course!)? Or sneaking Taco Bell and a six pack into the movies to watch the latest comedy? Or even if it's something as simple as driving down to the beach and talking about celebs and clothes until the cops come and clear you out. Whatever was silly and fun and perfect for you!

Do you remember when you didn't actually worry about how all of that would look, or if you'd get in trouble?

This is a challenge, guys. Trust me--you'll thank me later.