Back in NY!

I spent the weekend in Cody, Wyoming for the Wyoming Writers Conference, and had a fabulous time!  In addition to all the wonderful and friendly writers I met (can't wait to see a few of those projects!), I also saw real live cowboys (the rodeo was in town).

Despite all the fun, I was reminded that I am definitely a "city girl."  And it's nice to be back in New York.  Cody didn't have a Starbucks and since I have a soy chai latte problem, well that was a minor problem for me.  But they did have Bear Spray (which is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a Walgreens).


And they had Billy the stuffed Buffalo who now resides in my office, mere feet away from the herpet American assistant.


Even better, there was this great sign at the Cody airport when I was leaving about how to deal with bears.  (I'm bummed I didn't get to see a bear...well sort of).