Teaser Tuesday: Say Goodnight, Gracie

Teaser Tuesday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

The Rules:
  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for someone else)
  5. Share the title and book so other readers can add it to their TBR lists if they like it
Today's teaser is an oldie but goodie, one of my favorite books from when I was in middle school from by Say Goodnight, Gracie by Julie Reece Deaver. I was rereading it on the train this morning:

"I wasn't stupid - I knew Jimmy was dead - but I felt like I had to talk to him. I did what I thought was the next best thing: I went out by the garage and pulled Jimmy's jacket out of the garbage can. When I went upstairs, I didn't even wait for it to thaw out - I put it on, zipped it up, and got back into bed." ~ pg 127

Book Description:

Morgan and Jimmy were kids together, whirling around the porch on hot summer days. They've been best friends forever, and by now they know each other inside out. They do everything together - from cutting high school to go into the city to coaching each other at dance auditions and acting workshops. They even argue well. A perfect friendship. Best Friends. For life.

So how could life be so right and then be so wrong? After a terrible accident, Morgan suddenly has to face life alone. Without Jimmy around, though, it's like the best part of her has died. How could he do this to her? And why is love so hard?

Check out Julie Reece Deaver's website.