Kim Harrison is Amazing!

Any urban fantasy and paranormal romance fans out there should definitely start reading Kim Harrison's series THE HOLLOWS featuring the toughest witch out there, Rachel Morgan. I've been following the series for a while, and just caught up by reading the most recent installment, book 7, White Witch, Black Curse. And it was fabulous.

Kim Harrison does an amazing job weaving together elements of several plotlines and balancing action, suspense, mystery, and character development. I did find myself frustrated a few times in the book because I was struggling to remember what had happened in past installments, but we finally got to find out who killed Kisten - something I had to know! (Although, I still find a piece of me hoping he'll come back to life somehow...I know it's not possible, but I miss him.)

The series does have to be read in order to get the most out of it, starting with Dead Witch Walking, and several of Harrison's short stories in anthologies also come into play in this book. (And yes, Harrison comes up with the best titles!).