Books I Read in 2010

I read 116 books last year.  I was pretty impressed with myself.  Then I did my taxes and discovered I bought 157 orders of books on Amazon, and then there are all the books I bought at actual bookstores, plus ARCs I got from BEA or colleagues, and all the books I received as gifts.  Which means, I bought a lot more than I read.  Not so good.

Then I moved.  And in the process of packing up the TBR room, I discovered, the pile had grown (mathematically, this of course makes sense).  I now have 705 books in the TBR room.  Which means if I read a book a day, it will take me almost two years to read them all.

I doubt this is what my dad meant when he told me I should have a retirement plan, but it's the one I've got.

So here they are, the books I read this year.  I didn't quite get to 116, but I got over 100.  Favorites in bold, and yes some of them are re-reads.  Sometimes, it just must be done.  Even if you have over 700 books you haven't gotten to yet.

  1. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
  2. Lucky by Alice Sebold
  3. Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo
  4. Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo
  5. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judith Blundell
  6. Evernight by Claudia Gray
  7. Stargazer by Claudia Gray
  8. Hourglass by Claudia Gray
  9. You by Chuck Benoit
  10. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
  11. The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
  12. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  13. First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost
  14. Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell
  15. The Daughters by Joanna Philbin
  16. Storm Front by Jim Butcher
  17. Silver Bourne by Patricia Briggs
  18. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
  19. Deception by Lee Nichols
  20. Poseur by Rachel Maude
  21. Ghost Country by Patrick Lee
  22. Room by Emma Donoghue
  23. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
  24. Shalador's Lady by Anne Bishop
  25. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
  26. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
  27. The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
  28. The Passage by Justin Cronin
  29. War by Sebastian Junger
  30. Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
  31. In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce
  32. The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce
  33. Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce
  34. Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
  35. Lover Mine by JR Ward
  36. The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter
  37. The Spindle's End by Robin McKinley
  38. Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
  39. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  40. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  41. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
  42. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
  43. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
  44. The Electric Church by Jeff Somers
  45. How to Grow Up and Rule the World by Vordak the Incomprehensible
  46. Matched by Ally Condie
  47. Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong
  48. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
  49. The Insiders by J Minter
  50. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
  51. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  52. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  53. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  54. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  55. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
  56. Faithful Place by Tana French
  57. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
  58. Bound by Darkness by Annette McCleave
  59. Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang
  60. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
  61. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
  62. Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
  63. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
  64. Dust by Joan Frances Turner
  65. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  66. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  67. Sparrow Road by Sheila O'Connor
  68. Highborn by Yvonne Navarro
  69. Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane
  70. You Know When the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fillion
  71. The Ghosts of Belfast by Stuart Neville
  72. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
  73. Banished by Sophie Littlefield
  74. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
  75. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
  76. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  77. An Artificial Night by Seanan McGuire
  78. Oogy by Larry Levin
  79. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  80. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
  81. Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman
  82. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
  83. The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
  84. First Test by Tamora Pierce
  85. Page by Tamora Pierce
  86. Squire by Tamora Pierce
  87. Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce
  88. Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers
  89. Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney
  90. Twilight's Dawn by Anne Bishop
  91. Fallout by Ellen Hopkins
  92. Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux
  93. Fallen by Lauren Kate
  94. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
  95. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
  96. Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan
  97. Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi
  98. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  99. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr
  100. Made in Detroit by Paul Clemens
  101. Almost Moon by Alice Sebold
  102. Firelight by Sophie Jordan

One book every 3 days, 13 hours.