Because even though I love YA...

It's not the only genre I'm looking for.

Keep in mind when you're querying agents, yes you want to query agents who read and like the genre you're writing, but an agent who represents a manuscript just like yours might not want another one.  It doesn't do us any good to have unpublished projects which are going to compete with each other.

So yes I love YA - send me your fantastic YA manuscripts.  I will always love YA - especially literary or upmarket YA with a commercial hook.

But I also love middle grade and adult fiction too - paranormal romance, urban fantasy, science fiction, women's fiction, contemporary romance...

What I'd love to find right now in particular:

A paranormal romance with a fast paced great plot line - something that could be a series (a la JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, which makes me feel a little like an addict...ok a lot like an addict)

An intricate middle grade fantasy series with amazing worldbuilding (no wizards please)

A dark romantic fantasy with an epic cast of characters, intrigue, betrayal, etc (a la Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel Series or Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy)

A strong female protagonist urban fantasy novel that's not vampires but has a strong voice (like Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series)

A fun contemporary literary middle grade with a great commercial hook.

For more info, check out my submission guidelines and FinePrint's website.